Sunday, November 16, 2008

Scant Regarde
(Bands from Perth, Australia)




Scant Regarde were (mostly) a three piece playing and recording in Perth between 1982 and 1984. They also spent some time touring the east of Australia

The band consisted of Ian Young on guitar and vocals, Andrew Yates playing drums, Norm Parkhill on bass and vocals and for the final month or so of the band's existence (and for the posted track) Kate Bent doing vocals and trumpet.

Between them the had previously played in a number of Perth bands including Eep Of The Gra, Photoplay, and would go on to play in Martha's Vineyard, Just Add Water and I Hear An Army.

To the best of my knowledge this 7" four track EP (Side A: Cabbage Hat - Virgin Head / Stretch. Side B: Animal Magic / Nocturne) was the only recorded product from Scant Regarde.


As you can probably tell, posts have been few and far between in recent months.

Partly I am losing interest in the whole blog thing, both writing and reading them.

And partly I am too busy having a life back in my home town of Perth, catching up with old buddies, seeing my family, making new friends, playing music, creating a vegie garden to feed Dr E and me over the summer months, trying to encourage my nephew to play guitar.

One project I have finally set up is the burning of my vinyl, including old Perth bands. So some of the future posts will contain ever less information, as the bands from Perth in the 1980s have left very few permanent records, unlike the plethora of information available on bands today, thanks to the online world.

If anyone has any further information on Scant Regarde, or any of the bands I post in the near future, please let me know and I will update the post.


Scant Regarde - Cabbage Hat - Virgin Head

2 Comments:

Blogger andau said...

I was the drummer for Scant Regarde and stopped playing live in the early 90's when Ian persuaded me to fill in a couple of times in bands he was playing in....one was I Hear an Army & we did a reunion show at a club in Northbridge in '86. I now enjoy watching my son doing the same thing...Drumming in his band, they are on the verge of playing live and it brings back memories of when I was at that stage and how excited we all were at being involved in an exiting time for original music in Perth.

Tue June 02, 11:06:00 pm  
Blogger Hariklia said...

Hi Andy and Michael, nice to find you. I'm blogging at http://hariklia-what-she-said.blogspot.com/ and today's post is about Scant Regarde!
By the way, before the EP there was a cassette tape, which I still have. And (blowing my own trumpet), I was the designer of the EP cover, in consultation with Norman.

Thu Sept 01, 10:34:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home