Thursday, June 26, 2008

Leaving On A Jet Plane

leaving on a paper plane

My belongings (well, some of my guitars, music stuff, books and clothes) are already on their way from Brisbane to Perth and I am only a few days behind .... so this will be my last post from Brisbane.

With a very heavy heart I am leaving my beloved Dr. E in Brisbane (and to her overseas conferences) and awaiting her first visit to Perth in only a few weeks time.

But I am also looking forward to spending time with my family and friends back home.

To celebrate this occasion, I have returned to an old theme of cover versions, and this song seems most appropriate.

J Mascis - Leaving On A Jet Plane

PJ Harvey & Bjork - Leaving On A Jet Plane

Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - Leaving On A Jet Plane


Do you like these tunes? Then why not support the artists (and my blogging habit) by buying some music. Check out these links:-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found this elsewhere when I went to investigate the so-called Bjork/PJ Harvey collab. Nice recording, though.

Sorry to Burst everyone's BUBBLE, but neither Bjork nor Jewel have sung "Leaving on a Jet Plane" It was sung by Chantal Kreviazuk available on the soundtrack from the movie Armageddon.

Further more Matt, I can't let it slide... While I do like Bjork and you are correct, John Denver did write "Leaving on a Jet Plane" in 1967, it was never recorded by Bjork.

This has become an urban legend due to a Napster misnomer several years ago, which has since spread through the file sharing world. The Chad Mitchell Trio recorded it in 1967, as did Spanky & Our Gang and Peter, Paul and Mary.

Fri June 27, 04:36:00 am  
Blogger Lolita Hazed said...

The "Leaving on a Jet Plane" is actually Chantal Krevazajalskg or whatever. I found this on Hypemachine and listened to it and was thinking, "Wait, this can't be Peej or Bjork..."
It's a good cover nonetheless.

Fri June 27, 04:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's no te cover of Pj an Bjork. Its the cover of Liz Phair

Sat June 28, 09:42:00 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

sorry everyone, i stand corrected

that is what you get trying to rush through a blog post when moving house acros multiple states ... crappy research

hope you enjoyed them anyway

... who's Matt ???

Thu July 03, 04:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home