Saturday, June 16, 2007

It's a Fine Day



A few months ago, two good friends organised a joint birthday party where, along with their birthdays, they celebrated the 20th anniversary of the closure of the night club where most of us (mis)spent much of our youth, The Red Parrot in Perth, WA. Sadly I was too busy working in Brisbane to attend.

The call went out for music which was played at the Parrot and also for photos from the period for the party, and as I had already been through my 1980's music phase and collected a significant amount of mp3s (much of which had been posted in Something Old, Something New) I decided to create a mix tape of appropriate music for them.

During this time I reacquainted myself with some of the Cherry Red recordings.

This track by Jane was on a Pillows and Prayers compilation album and also on a video compilation (which I later sold to assist in paying for a trip to europe).

Today I have arrived in Exeter in the south west of england, having spent the last few days in London.

This lovely, simple track from 1983 is very english and the melody has been stuck in my head for days now. Also today is not a fine day, which is the reason why I am inside and not enjoying the lush countryside, or at least down at the local enjoying the english hand pumped ales.

As I am travelling at the moment, it is more difficult to upload music. But the vast collection of tunes and videos on You Tube comes to the rescue. I promise to continue posting, but there will be less compilations and more one-off type posts such as this.

So for your listening pleasure, here's Jane ....

plus a new remixed version by Miss Jane .....






Do you like these tunes? Then why not support the artists (and my blogging habit) by buying some music. Check out these links:-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home