Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Who V's The Jam

Weller and Townshend from www.janettebeckman.com


I don't have the time (too much work, started studying creative writing at nights, trying to play my own music with an old mate) or inclination (feel free to say howdy or give me your opinion on what is being posted) to elucidate upon these posts. So it's gonna be pretty basic posts for a while. I'm sure you can all work it out for yourselves (otherwise buy the magazine if you want more information).

This post is from the February 2006 issue which (amongst other things) looks at the history and future of one of Britain's great bands, The Who.

The Jam and Paul Weller in particular were ever so slightly influenced by The Who and covered a few of their tracks. The Jam were a favourite band of mine back in their day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Off The Record said...

hey thanks for adding my site to your links...really good post the other day on The Drones, there one my favorites and my dads pretty good friends with the lead singer Gareth..so thats cool that overseas people are catching onto them...good stuff, keep it up!

Tue Mar 21, 06:36:00 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments

The Jam were a great 3 piece, it's good to hear that Rick Buckler's still doing it (I wonder if he'll get Bruce Foxton playing bass now that he's left Stiff Little Fingers), or if The Jam will ever get back together for a retirement pension tour? And will Last Night An MP3 Saved My Wife ever return from the dead (well, they're not quite dead yet)

I'm looking forward to seeing The Drones on their coming Australian tour (having missed their last show). If anyone wants to hear some interesting, and lots of Australian, music - check out James' blog Off The Record. Thanks for the link on your site too James!

Tue Mar 21, 10:19:00 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

Hey Dick, i'm sorry to hear about your employment woes - may it all work out for the best!!

I was tempted to post a track from "Live At Leeds" - what a classic live album.

Sat Mar 25, 12:27:00 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

HA!!

I've just been listening to the Casbah Club tracks - that bass line in "Anyway She Moves" is STARTing to sound familiar. And the guitar riff has the Big Country hallmarks

Sat Mar 25, 12:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home